Masala chai ice tea is a refreshing twist on the traditional Indian tea that is typically served hot. Here is a recipe for making masala chai ice tea using loose leaf black tea and mixed spices:
- 2 tablespoons The Chai Council Classic Chai
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of milk or (dairy alternative, we love Oat Milk)
- 3 tablespoons of honey or sugar
- Ice cubes
- Add 2 cups of water to a medium-sized saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once the water is boiling, add 2 tablespoons of Classic Masala Chai to the saucepan and let it steep for 3-4 minutes.
- After 3-4 minutes, remove the tea leaves using a strainer and pour the tea into a large pitcher.
- Add 1 teaspoon of mixed spice to the pitcher and stir well.
- Add 3 tablespoons of honey or sugar to the pitcher and stir until it dissolves.
- Add 1 cup of milk to the pitcher and stir well.
- Let the tea cool to room temperature, then place it in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, fill glasses with ice cubes and pour the chilled masala chai ice tea over the ice.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of mixed spice and a slice of lemon (optional).
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: You can adjust the amount of honey or sugar according to your taste preference. You can also add more or less milk depending on how creamy you like your masala chai ice tea.